Please read these terms carefully, and print and keep a copy of them for your reference
This website is owned and operated by:
Mrs Lois Skilleter
36 Skipton Road
If you need to contact me, please use the contact form
Please only use these for genuine enquiries: I only link to known and trusted sites, and I only accept new clients for treatments if they are prospective students, carers, or families with additional needs.
Making a contract with us
When you book a course or treatment session with me, by phone, Internet or in person, you are making an offer to buy my services. I will send you an e-mail to confirm that I have received your booking and request a deposit.
- If you book more than 2 weeks before the course date then a deposit of £50 is required. The balance will be due 2 weeks before the course date.
- If you book 2 weeks or less before the course date, the full course price is payable on booking
- This is negotiable if you wish to pay in instalments: please contact me to discuss this option.
Payment can be made in cash, via bank transfer, by cheque to Earthereal of Yorkshire, by PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by card either by phone or in person. Cheques must clear before the course is confirmed.
PayPal payments will incur a surcharge of 3% + 30p per transaction , and card payments will incur a surcharge of 1.7% per transaction.
£5 per person deposit is required on booking a treatment or workshop. This will not be returned unless the slot is rebooked. The balance will be payable on the day.
Earthereal of Yorkshire reserves the right to change courses, fees, terms and offers without prior notice.
Students are not permitted to use cameras or recording equipment during the courses.
For health and safety reasons, students may be asked to remove jewellery during their training. It is the student’s responsibility to keep all personal belongings safe. Earthereal of Yorkshire does not accept any liability for loss or damage to property whilst at the venue. Earthereal of Yorkshire does not accept liability for loss or damage to vehicles whilst students are undertaking training at the venue.
Students will be asked to complete a consultation and sign a declaration before receiving a treatment. Students are advised that they are responsible for their own health and well-being and undertake courses and participate in practical training, both giving and receiving treatments, without prejudice and at their own risk.
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the course they are studying with Earthereal of Yorkshire will be recognised by their current insurer, employer or future/prospective employer or future training provider. Earthereal of Yorkshire provides training courses that are validated by IPTI and accepted by other insurance providers.
If a student already has insurance cover in place it is their responsibility to check that their insurers will offer cover for the modality for which they are receiving training BEFORE undertaking any of Earthereal of Yorkshire’s training courses. Earthereal of Yorkshire does not accept responsibility, nor will a refund be given, in the event of an employer, training provider or insurance company NOT accepting an Earthereal of Yorkshire training qualification.
Students studying a modality where case studies are a requirement, such as Aromatherapy Massage and Reflexology, or the Practice Group for the Meditation Teacher Diploma, who do not have insurance in place are advised to obtain Student Insurance before undertaking their unsupervised case studies. Some students may decide not to take out insurance. Earthereal of Yorkshire does not accept responsibility should a claim be made against a student whilst undertaking case studies or running the Practice Group.
Student who are qualified in other modalities and already have insurance in place do not need to apply for student insurance. Likewise, for one day courses where case studies are NOT required, there is no requirement to take out student insurance. Once qualified, students will require full membership insurance to practice professionally.
From time to Earthereal of Yorkshire may be required to make amendments to the course manuals to comply with changes in legislation within the industry. It is the student’s responsibility to keep up to date with current changes within the industry and the terms and conditions of their insurers. Earthereal of Yorkshire does not accept responsibility for changes in legislation that occur after the student qualifies.
Occasionally I will request to take photographs of you during your training. I will liaise with you on the day to choose pictures you are happy with. I will ask for permission by requesting a signature of consent which will also give me your permission to tag you and use the pictures on my Facebook page and website for marketing purposes (You may also share the posts and pictures for your own marketing and to promote your new modality)
Cancellation and refunds
If you cancel a booked course or treatment session, the following penalties will apply:
- Up to 1 week beforehand: your deposit will be returned less a nominal £25 admin fee.
- Less than 1 week beforehand: your deposit will not be returned.
If you need to change the date of your booking for a genuine reason, please contact me as soon as possible to discuss it. I will do my best to arrange an alternative date with you, with a nominal £15 admin fee charged, but I reserve the right to impose the penalties outlined above if none of my available dates suit you.
If I have to cancel a course for any reason, I will negotiate an alternative date with you at no extra cost. If for any reason this is unacceptable to you, I will refund your deposit within 28 days less a nominal £10 admin fee. I will only cancel a course in exceptional circumstances and if at all possible will give 48 hours’ notice.
Fees will not be refunded if a course is cancelled or interrupted due to circumstances beyond my control.
In the event of any student behaving improperly, they will be asked to leave the course immediately and no monies will be refunded.
Please note that paying for and attending a course does not automatically guarantee the awarding of a certificate: the student will be assessed for competence, and will only be awarded a certificate on satisfactory performance. Students who do not reach this standard will be invited to resit the course free of charge within 1 month of the original date: after this the normal charge will apply.
Changes to these terms
These terms were last changed on February 10th 2020.
These terms apply to your booking. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply to future bookings.
The following steps should be taken in line with our complaints policy:
- Discuss areas of your complaint with me, either verbally or in writing.
- I will then investigate the complaint, and aim to respond to you within 5 working days
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you have the right to ask for the complaint to be investigated by an independent panel.
- The independent panel will investigate and make their decision within another 14 working days.
In order to comply with the new Data Protection guidelines (May 2018) I need to provide you with the following information about your records:
- My identity:
Mrs Lois Skilleter, owner of Earthereal of Yorkshire Holistic Training and Therapies.
- How I will collect information:
Directly from my students and clients, through the forms filled in on registering.
- What information I will be collecting:
Personal details including contact information, age, health concerns, records of previous treatments, previous therapy experience in the case of students, and personal preferences. I will request your consent to my keeping your details, however as this is a legal requirement I am obliged to do so by law for 7 years after our last contact.
- How I intend to use your information:
In order to comply with my insurance requirements and to provide you with the best possible training and client care. In some cases I may use it to contact you about upcoming courses or new treatments which I feel might interest you. (you can contact me and ask not to be contacted if you wish.) The information is stored either in a locked filing cabinet or in the case of the distance learning Meditation Teacher course, on a secure computer. It is not shared with any other agency or person, therefore it should not affect you adversely.
- How long I keep your data for:
There is an insurance requirement to keep data for 7 years, so once 7 years have passed since our last contact, I will destroy it. In the case of paper records they will be shredded, those on the computer will be deleted using professional advice to ensure they can no longer be accessed.
- Access to records:
You are entitled to look at the records I hold for you at any time. Every time you come for a treatment, I will ask you to look at it and update me on any changes. If you are a student, you will need to inform me if you wish to view your information.
If you are unhappy with the way I am processing your details, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The Web Site
- When visitors fill in the contact form on the web site, the data shown on the form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string are collected to help spam detection.
How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
- If you have left comments on the site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.